04 January 2013

Farewell to "Should"

January 1, 2013 -- when I "should" have reinvigorated this blog.  When I "should" have posted my New Year's Smoky Black-Eyed Pea Stew.  When I "should" have stopped watching our Alias marathon in favor of getting ahead in my return to work.  Instead, as it turns out, I gave up "should."

One of my yoga mentors often welcomes us to our mats with an inquiry that begins like this: "What are you willing to give up in order to _______________?"  On New Year's Day, this question concluded like this:  "What are you willing to give up from 2012 in order to create a new way of being in 2013?" Though I didn't know it in the dwindling days of 2012 or even in the snow-sparkling, potential-laden day one of 2013, I realize that I am willing to let go of "should," even if I can't quite articulate what that new way of being is.  But, I think maybe that's best -- to simply let that way of being evolve, for it to be without definition, for it to be full of possibility.

For new and continuing readers, I'm grateful for you and for your willingness to take what you need from what is offered -- as undefined as those offerings may be.  In that spirit of gratitude, I'm going to get my craft on and create my gratitude jar.  Interested?  The idea was inspired by this post that my friend shared via Facebook.  One of today's many reasons to be grateful: the opportunity for and the truth of speaking from my heart.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment